Pages


Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dendrobium ruckeri

And now, one of my favorite Dendrobium species.  Just love this one, the flowers smell just like honey when the sun is shining, but when it's cloudy, the fragrance turns to black pepper.  Easy grower, although it is an ungainly plant.  The canes branch freely, and I do have it mounted, but I've had to support all the canes as it just takes up too much space if I don't.  I grow this one just like every other deciduous Den, lots of sun, water and fertilizer in summer, lots of sun, no fertilizer, and almost no water in winter.

A reliable bloomer for me.


The whole plant photo shows the back of the mount, as the flowers opened facing the back.  But the plant itself isn't very attractive, so it actually looks better this way  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment