Pages


Saturday, March 30, 2013

Dendrobium moniliforme China form

I mentioned a couple posts ago, that I will be putting together a post of the various Dendrobium moniliformes I have, and I still plan on that.  But this particular plant I feel deserves it's own post.  Most of the D. moniliformes are from Japan, but this one is actually native to China.  It's a much smaller flower, thinner and taller canes, and oh, the fragrance is just spectacular.  It has the rose secent that most D. moniliformes have, but there is a stonger fragrance that can only be described as sweet, and the scent is much stronger than my other moniliformes.  I bought this last year at the Atlanta orchid show from Andy's Orchids.  It's mounted and receives the typical moniliforme care, which is basically typical Cattleya care for me.


Picture is a bit blurry, sorry about that, it was very breezy this morning.  But the color is true, yes it's a nice shade of yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment