Pages


Monday, July 2, 2012

Hoya polyneura

Hoya polyneura is considered by many to be a cool growing Hoya.  I've not had trouble with it here in Florida though.  It seems to not mind our hot and humid summers as long as it is watered often.

I do leave it outside year round down to freezing temperatures. Watered a little less often in the cooler temperatures of winter, and given bright sunlight during the coolness of winter, shaded light during the heat of summer. It seems to require more fertilizer than the typical Hoya.

This Hoya is relatively easy to grow, as long as you pay attention to the plant.  When it needs watered a little more often, the stems droop.  When it needs fertilized more, the leaves yellow.

This is one of the Hoyas that I am experimenting with growing in S/H.  The cuttings rooted very well in S/H, and continue to grow quickly.

I've only flowered this once, last fall.  Hopefully as it continues to grow, it will continue to flower well in the fall.

8 comments:

  1. How is your Polyneura doing today? How big is it and can you confirm it's an easy one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is your Polyneura doing today? How big is it and can you confirm it's an easy one? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I purchased mine a few months ago. It has dropped 2 leaves that turned yellow first. I had it in a cactus mix potting soil, but it didn't do too well so I put it in an all-purpose soil for indoor plants. fI Solive in Florida so the AC is on most of the year. I water it once a week. I have just started putting water in the bottom saucer to give it the option to send roots down if it wants more water. Will have to wait and see if it likes this set-up. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your answer. I bought two of them and all got yellow and dying piece by piece :( No idea what made it to do so. I have about 80 other hoyas and no problems with them...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "This is one of the Hoyas that I am experimenting with growing in S/H. The cuttings rooted very well in S/H, and continue to grow quickly."- Sorry, What is S/H?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there anyway I could buy some from you

    ReplyDelete