Pages


Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hoya blashernaezii IML 1631

I received this plant in September of 2011, so less than a year ago.  I find it an amazingly fast grower.  For example, I took a cutting in January to test it in S/H, and look at it already, 7 months later.

This is in S/H, I just have the plastic pot set inside a net pot for hanging.  Also, this is my first set of flowers.  Interestingly, the original plant this cutting was taken from is growing well, but hasn't bloomed yet, nor even started a penduncle.  So glad I decided to try this one in S/H.
















I've only had this plant for a year, so I'm not sure what the best growing conditions are for it.  Last winter, I brought it inside to be kept warm, and most of the growth started  after it was put back outside in spring.  I think for now, I'm not going to change anything.

Hopefully it will continue to grow well, and I'll see more of these absolutely lovely flowers.







Edit 9/8/12 - so a month ago I complained the original plant hadn't bloomed.  It must have heard me, because it decided to start growing a few penduncles.  Growing in Turface/Perlite mix, kept moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment