Pages


Sunday, June 24, 2012

Semi-Hydro

I thought I'd talk about growing in Semi-Hydro (S/H).  This technique was developed by First Rays, and if you haven't had a chance to check out his site, well it's one of the best out there.  It was developed for growing orchids, but I have to admit, I've killed every orchid I ever tried in it.  But the Hoyas, especially the ones that like to be kept on the moist side, grow bonkers in it.  Here are a couple pictures of a plant that I received a little over a year ago named Hoya multiflora.  I do suspect though that it is really Hoya javanica.













After only a little over one year, growing in S/H, this plant has bloomed numerous times, and is about 24 inches tall already.  I have tried about 20 different Hoyas in S/H.  Most just recently so no results yet.  But interesting, Hoya cumingiana, which when grown traditionally, needs to dry out well in order to bloom, is growing and has bloomed in S/H.

No comments:

Post a Comment