Pages


Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dendrobium convolutum

D. convolutum is a Dendrobium in the Latouria section.  Many of the Latouria section Dens prefer to be grown under warm conditions, and do not like to dry out completely.  D. convolutum thrives for me under these general conditions.  Intermediate level light, slightly under typical Cattleya levels seem to give my plant the best growth and flowers.  This plant, while still small for it's species, puts out spikes for a couple months in the summer, therefore it is almost always in bloom during the warmer months.  The individual flowers last for weeks, and are very interesting. Here are a few different views of the plant.






1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! All of the pictures are flawless. I always appreciate great photography.

    I am happy that I clicked onto your blog site.

    Vivienne (orchidgeeks Lady of the Lakes)

    ReplyDelete