Pages


Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hoya heuschkeliana

I received both the yellow and the pink form of Hoya heuschkeliana a while ago.  Both seemed to take a while to settle in, and both managed to bloom for the first time this summer. Also, I am growing both in S/H, which they seemed to adjust to very well. I have only had these through one winter, but did grow it warm, and probably will continue to do so.

This is one plant my boys actually like, as the fragrance is just like buttered popcorn.  Stronger at night than the day, my youngest son, asks when it will be in bloom again.

Nice small plants too.

Starting with the yellow form. These pictures are from about 2 or so months ago, and it has been blooming off and on since then.

 
 
 
And now the pink form.  The first picture is the whole plant back in the spring, and the other two pictures are from this week.  It has started to fill in nicely.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm so glad I have both of these, between the small size, cute habit, adorable flowers, and the scent of buttered popcorn, these have become a favorite.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment