Pages


Friday, December 7, 2012

Hoya cembra

I've seen this Hoya's name written as cembra and cembrae, and I'm not sure which is correct.  This plant is also commonly confused with Hoya odorata as well.  I aquired this plant in about 2008, as a very very small rooted cutting.  At first it struggled a bit, but once it started growing, it hasn't stopped.  It bloomed last fall for the first time with a couple flowers.  This year's blooming is much much better.  I grow this one in Turface in a 6 inch pot, allowing it to dry out briefly in between waterings.  Direct morning sun, and it seems to handle my cool winters fine so far.  The flowers are long lasting, about two weeks, and for my plant at least, the buds take turns opening.  Here are a few pictures showing the whole plant, buds, a flower and a close up of a groups of buds and flowers.









No comments:

Post a Comment